Monday 6 December 2010

Student magazine cover and contents and reflection

This is my completed front cover for my student magazine..

To create my student magazine front cover I used 'In Design' in which constructed the rough ideas I mentioned in my proposal. I did have problems with perfecting my cover because I was hoping to have a photo outside in the snow to match the winter/christmas theme I had planned but unfortunately at the time when I was taking my photos around college there was no snow.

I hadn't at first planned to feather all of the photos I placed on the cover but decided that it would be best to make it more attractive and also it gives the effect that they weren't added by me but in fact in the background of the main photo.

The main photo I used was originally a photo of the same girl but outside standing under the 'Southdowns College' sign but I decided against it and chose to go back and take another because the sign would interfere with the mast head and also the photo didn't capture the 'rule of thirds' quite as well as the final photo used.

Another problem that incurred on my front cover was the 'Win an IPAD' in which I had hoped to have in a star to make it stand out more and hopefully would attract more customers. But, I was happy to leave it as a circle as I was unable to figure out how to do a star, so instead chose a bold colour to substitute as I think it is eye catching.

And below is my completed contents page for my student magazine..

No comments:

Post a Comment